Working in the Arts for Over Forty Years
Manus Walsh the grandson of author Maurice Walsh and Irish language writer Sean O’ Kiersey was born in Dublin. Working in the visual arts for over forty years, Walsh has created his own niche within the art world of Ireland. He has exhibited widely throughout Ireland and also in Chile, Spain and Germany.
Difficult to Label Walsh’s Practice
Residing in the majestic Burren in the West of Ireland for over 28years Walsh has gained inspiration in abundance from this landscape, resulting in a mystical body of work almost devoid of colour. In contrast to his works from the Burren, he has produced works from his travels to Spain, Cuba, Chile, France, Germany and Italy that are rich in colour and rhythm.
“As an artist, I do not restrict myself to landscape only and have always liked to diversify and explore new themes, still life, music etc.” – Manus walsh
Fluctuating between styles and genres depending on what inspires him at that moment, he has worked in stained glass, enamel, oils, pastels, gouache and collage. Possessing such a varied and diverse practice it is difficult to label Walsh’s work, it has been described as cubist, abstract, impressionist, surreal, naturalistic and romantic.
- “Waves” Kenny Gallery ,Galway,2009,
- Leinster Gallery,Dublin,2008.
- Kilcock Gallery[Kildare] Group Shows,2008.
- ‘Musicians’, The Kenny Gallery, Galway, 2008
- ‘Portraits’, The Kenny Gallery, Galway, 2008
- ‘Islands’, An Damhlann Gallery, Spiddal, Co. Galway, 2008
- Stained Glass Exhibition, An Damhlann Gallery, Spiddal, Co. Galway, 2008
- Glor gallery,Ennis, 2007
- Kenny Gallery,Galway, 2007
- kilcock Art Gallery, 2006
- Pablo Ruiz Gallery, Malaga in February, 2005
- Rincon De La Victoria, Malaga in March, 2005
- Moulin Gallery, Limerick on June 17th, 2004
- Mannheim, Germany in September, 2004
- Kilcock Gallery, 2003
- Wexford Arts Centre, 2003
- Mrua Gallery, Bellharbour, 2002
- La Sebastiana, Valparaiso, Chile, 2001
- Origin Gallery, Dublin, 2000
- Lavitt Gallery, Cork, 1999
- The Kenny Gallery, Galway, 1998
- Dyehouse Gallery, Waterford, 1998
- Centro Cultural, Vina del Mar, Chile, 1997
- Sligo Art Gallery, Sligo, 1993
- Riverrun Gallery, Dublin, 1992
- The Kenny Gallery, Galway, 1991
- Goethe Gallery, Santiago & Vina Del Mar, Chile, 1991
- Ballyvaughan Gallery, Co.Clare, 1988
- Listowel Writers Week, 1987
- Kenny Gallery, Galway, 1986
- Brogan Gallery, Ennis, 1984
- he Kenny Gallery, Galway, 1984
- Ennistymon Arts Festival, 1984
- The Kenny Gallery, Galway, 1983
- Brogan Gallery, Ennis, 1983
- Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare, 1981
- Cork Arts Society Gallery, Cork, 1979
- The Kenny Gallery, Galway, 1978
- Caldwell Gallery, Dublin, 1975
- Cork Arts Society Gallery, Cork, 1974
- Project Arts Society Centre, Dublin, 1973
- R.H.A. Gallery, Dublin, 1969
- R.H.A. Gallery, Dublin, 1968
- Dublin Painters Gallery, 1967
- The Arts Council
- Office of Public Works
- Insurance Corporation of Ireland etc.
Works in Private Collections:
- France, Germany, Spain, Chile, USA, Canada, England, Italy, Scotland etc.